Panel Bug

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
YDxVCT

Panel Bug

Post by YDxVCT »

Something is going wrong with my panel. From time to time is goes crazy and I need to reboot to make everything fine. Changing theme is not helping.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Panel Bug

Post by exploder »

What graphics card are you using?
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Looks like a video card problem...
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

... or a temperature problem:
YDxVCT wrote:From time to time ...
YDxVCT

Post by YDxVCT »

Thank you all for response. My video card is AMD Radeon HD 7670M. I've got switchable graphics. But the point is that problem occurs only with panel, everything else works fine. I mean video, fullscreen games, etc. Btw, I'm not sure, but It looks like that bug was occurring after track changing in Clementine music player.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

What graphics drivers are you using?
YDxVCT

Post by YDxVCT »

exploder wrote:What graphics drivers are you using?
fglrx
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

How did your system run originally with the default drivers? There is very little difference performance wise between the open source drivers and the proprietary drivers. You might try switching drivers to see if that fixes this. My laptop uses ATI graphics, not the same as yours unfortunately but I have better results with the open source drivers. Using the proprietary drives gives me washed out looking display.

I wish I could be of more help. Maybe someone with the same graphics card you are using will join in an offer more advice. If it were me though I would try switching drivers and see if the problem persists. This kind of problem seems to be occurring fairly often lately.

Return to “Cinnamon”