Tried to reinstall mesa undefined symbol _glapi_tls_Dispatch

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elegantmint

Tried to reinstall mesa undefined symbol _glapi_tls_Dispatch

Post by elegantmint »

I started by posting here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=193944

You can see all my system information and stuff there.

Quick summary: cinnamon kept crashing and I thought it was a drivers problem. I determined that there must be something wrong with my libEGL.so file and decided to try and reinstall mesa since that's where that file comes from.

I backed up the original libEGL.so file and then ran apt reinstall to get mesa libegl installed. A new libEGL.so file appeared so that part worked, but then when I restarted I couldn't even get to fallback mode anymore. Turns out that reinstall upgraded/changed libGL.so as well. Now I've got an undefined symbol error whenever cinnamon runs.

Code: Select all

$ cinnamon --replace
cinnamon: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Dispatch
I've tried reinstalling libGL.so various ways. I've also completely uninstalled mesa (and cinnamon consequently). According to Google I may have some version problem with libGL.so file. I do not know which version I need or how to install it though.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can't access any GUI on my computer anymore so this is all hand typed on my tablet!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
elegantmint

Re: Tried to reinstall mesa undefined symbol _glapi_tls_Disp

Post by elegantmint »

To anyone who sees this in the future: I just fresh installed. It wasn't worth the pain of figuring out what was going on. Make sure you back up your configuration and preference files!!

Return to “Cinnamon”