Where are my terminals?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ko5tik

Where are my terminals?

Post by ko5tik »

Well, they are definitely there but after updates on sunday they went commando ( see attached screenshot - try to find terminal ;) )
Together with teminals disapeared notifications for sound volume changes

Terminal is working, is reacting to keyboard. I tried to disable transparency but nothing is cnahged.

I have mint 17.1 with cinamon 2.4.6-rebecca, 64 bit on asus zenbook qith qhd (3200x1800)

I already tried to reset cinnamin settings by:

gsettings reset-recursively org.cinnamon

Where do I start tweaking? Is there sane way to reset settings to working defaults?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Where are my terminals?

Post by Pjotr »

Try this: right-click mouse on terminal - Profiles - Profile Preferences - Background - select "Solid colour".
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
ko5tik

Post by ko5tik »

I already tried this - setting solid color, seting transparency and reducing it by slider. Does not work
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Regarding resetting the terminal settings:

I do not know, where they are stored, but I do not believe, that they are in the cinnamon-department of the settings.

But even if this should be the case, your attempt to reset cinnamon cannot work.
For resetting Cinnamon (be careful!) do this:

Code: Select all

dconf reset -f /org.cinnamon/
Both slashes are crucial in this case.

Take the above described more or less for the records.
At first you should try the reset command in the terminal itself. Make the menu bar visible, than you find the command in the Terminal-menu.

If this does not work, create a fresh test account in the system and find out, if you get the same behavior there. After that you know, if this is a system problem or an account (setting) problem).

Return to “Cinnamon”