No other settings tab option in theme settings

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bagol

No other settings tab option in theme settings

Post by bagol »

First, i want to change my themes. I have a problem that the window bar won't change. Then I googled and found some solutions that said to go to System Settings => themes => Other settings tab. But why I don't have that tab? How can I get that tab?? I run on Linux Mint 17 Rebecca.

By the way. How can I post a screenshot here? This is my first post in linux mint forum.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: No other settings tab option in theme settings

Post by Cosmo. »

You don't need the tab, in LM 17.1 (I think, you mean this) Rebecca this is all in one place. What you found is true for LM 17 Qiana and before.

I am not sure what you mean with "windows bar". I guess the title bar. It is the first option in the theme settings for Rebecca.
TweedleDum

Post by TweedleDum »

Well that just changes the theme. Does this mean that people who want to change the titlebar color have to do it manually now or find another GUI frontend for it?
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

A good place to start is by taking a look at this tutorial on themes in Cinnamon.

http://shyloh.com/Mint17themes.html (By forum member AustinTexas)

It will explain better than I can which parts of the theme control which parts of you systems appearance and that many window borders are designed to change their colour depending on the rest of the theme settings.

Hope this helps
WT
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

If your previous wording "windows bar" means the titlebar: This gets changed with the first option in the theme dialog. Probably you need another theme, not a GUI frontend. For this case you have to search for metacity-themes.

Return to “Cinnamon”