how remove cinnamon

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
snowraven667

how remove cinnamon

Post by snowraven667 »

i'm using was using mint 17 with Cinnamon then i install 17.1 "Rebecca" (not upgrade, i fully reinstall the system), but cinnamon start freezing for no reason, even with only libreoffice application open... I try a lot of things (disabling hardware acceleration, upgrading video drivers) but keeps happening; so right now my only guess is my CPU and RAM is too weak for Cinnamon, i decide to install XFCE, I know mint XFCE edition was released but i don't to have to reinstall my system again... I install through apt-get xfce4 and now is running like a charm, but i want to remove cinnamon how can i do, i try --purge but the synaptic manager tells me that still have cinnamon packages and he don't let me remove, How i can fully remove cinnamon/gnome packages...

Just for the record i have a Core2Duo E7600 with 2GB RAM and internal GPU...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: how remove cinnamon

Post by richyrich »

Since you installed from the Cinnamon disk, there is no way. You will have to install from an Xfce disk to completely remove Cinnamon.
snowraven667

Re: how remove cinnamon

Post by snowraven667 »

oh, ok thanks... just for curiosity what is the minimum requirements for cinnamon ? i was using normally until i installed the new version that something more "heavy" in the new edition ?

Return to “Cinnamon”