Spacement between firefox icons on personnal bar <SOLVED>

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ROUGEXIII

Spacement between firefox icons on personnal bar <SOLVED>

Post by ROUGEXIII »

Hi,

I'm switching from windows XP to linux Mint, but with the same firefox profile, i have a different display: The spacement between the icons of the personnal bar are different.
I dont understand why with the same userchrome.css i have difference, 0px under windows is alway 0px under linux mint right?

Under windows XP:
Z-windows-Selec.png
Under Linux Mind:
Z-LM-Selec.png
Thanxs for your help,
Yann

Edit: I replace the screenshot from EXACTLY the same firefox profile (new one created under linux mint)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Spacement between firefox icons on personnal bar

Post by Cosmo. »

ROUGEXIII wrote: with the same firefox profile, i have a different display
I doubt, that the profiles are the same: Missing search bar, missing icons of add-ons to name only 2 differences I see between both pictures.

Saying that I do not say, that in 2 very different OS's all things must look always identically.
ROUGEXIII

Post by ROUGEXIII »

Cosmo. wrote:
ROUGEXIII wrote: with the same firefox profile, i have a different display
I doubt, that the profiles are the same: Missing search bar, missing icons of add-ons to name only 2 differences I see between both pictures.

Saying that I do not say, that in 2 very different OS's all things must look always identically.
Before takeking screenshots the profiles was EXACTLY the same (same files)
Then i tried to create a new profile and copy only the userchrome.css + images. Then I took the screenshots, thats why some plugins are missing on the second screenshot.

But the difference is still here.
Thanks for the anser but not resolved ;)

Edit: I just saw that the separators are replaced with blanc space on linux mint : a difference more!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Mmh, in my understanding the screenshots were done to prove the first post. So they are somehow misleading, aren't they?

Taking another look at the pictures I get the impression, that the problem you report does only apply for the bookmark-icons or probably the bookmark-bar. The distance of the icons behind the address bar are obviously greater and more or less identical to the distances in the XP-screenshot. Do you agree? This would narrow down the problem.

As I already said:
Cosmo. wrote:Saying that I do not say, that in 2 very different OS's all things must look always identically.
Nevertheless I would try - if the XP-machine is still available - to create a new FF-profile (with absolutely no alterations) in both systems and compare them. Otherwise it is near to impossible to tell, which effect comes from the OS, from an addon, from the userchrome.css.

I confirm, that in the Cinnamon-edition the separators get only shown as small blank spaces.
ROUGEXIII

Post by ROUGEXIII »

Cosmo. wrote:Mmh, in my understanding the screenshots were done to prove the first post. So they are somehow misleading, aren't they?

Taking another look at the pictures I get the impression, that the problem you report does only apply for the bookmark-icons or probably the bookmark-bar. The distance of the icons behind the address bar are obviously greater and more or less identical to the distances in the XP-screenshot. Do you agree? This would narrow down the problem.

As I already said:
Cosmo. wrote:Saying that I do not say, that in 2 very different OS's all things must look always identically.
Nevertheless I would try - if the XP-machine is still available - to create a new FF-profile (with absolutely no alterations) in both systems and compare them. Otherwise it is near to impossible to tell, which effect comes from the OS, from an addon, from the userchrome.css.

I confirm, that in the Cinnamon-edition the separators get only shown as small blank spaces.
Thanks for your anwser, but i put the new screenshots from a EXACTLY same firefox profile (a new one created under LMDE), with EXACTLY the same userchrome.css, with same screen resolution and same windows dimension. :wink:
see the difference are still here.

Any idea where they came from?
I should perhaps post this on a mozilla forum?
ROUGEXIII

Post by ROUGEXIII »

i finally found:
you have to add this in userchrome.css:

Code: Select all

#personal-bookmarks toolbarbutton 
  {
  margin-left: 1px !important;
  margin-right: 1px !important;
  padding-left: 0px !important;
  padding-right: 0px !important;