Strange cinnamon hangup at shutdown

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thorbur

Strange cinnamon hangup at shutdown

Post by thorbur »

Hey,
I'm a mint user for quite a long time, but still this is my first post.

Currently I'm on a Thinkpad Edge E130 with Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64 Bit Edition.

Code: Select all

Linux xxxxxx-ThinkPad-Edge-E130 3.13.0-37-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 22 21:28:38 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
But since Mint 16 I have a strange problem with cinnamon regarding the shutdown of mint.
Occasinally when I am shutting down cinnamon is changing the menu font from bold white to a thin black font and all the icons change to a different style.
Then the system hangs between 5 and 20 seconds before really shutting down. Sometimes I'm still able to open an terminal during this state, but cannot execute much more.
I am wondering what is causing this behavior and how I can fix it.
My first assumption is that it could be caused by an unresponsive bachground process that cannot be terminated immidiately. Could this be?
Has anybody some hints or suggestions for me?
Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thorbur

Re: Strange cinnamon hangup at shutdown

Post by thorbur »

Nobody? (sorry for pushing)
messo8080

Post by messo8080 »

this is strange.
Problem is theme icons. Icons will changed to default setting (ubuntu theme) after you reboot or power off.
I dont know why nor when. I saw this twice, not always.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Create a new account on the system and compare. This is for narrowing down, if the problem is in your account settings or in the system.
thorbur

Post by thorbur »

Thanks for your responses.
I will try it with the new account and report back what the result is.

Return to “Cinnamon”