window list squishes my panel icons

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richard.h.t

window list squishes my panel icons

Post by richard.h.t »

Hi to all, thanks for the forum which I've just joined.

I upgraded from Mint 14 to Mint 17.1 (cinnamon) on my asus ssd laptop (4 yrs old), now goes like a rocket. Can't believe how fast it boots and how much swisher the o/s is - thanks guys.

One problem. I've added a number of icons from the menu's by selecting 'add to panel' for my major apps, but I like a window list on the bottom panel to be able to switch programs when they are running, so I added one from available apps the standard 'window list' app. Once i get a number of programs running, the window list gets wider and wider and starts to over-ride the icons on the panel. In my previous mint what would have happened was that the width of each individual program runnning in the window list would shrink and not obliterate the icons (mate desktop).

?any fix for this.

I did try another window list which I downloaded but didn't like its functionality (wndow list with app grouping) which I found clumbsy - and each of these was only an icon not accompanied by a name.

any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards

Richard
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
devrich

Re: window list squishes my panel icons

Post by devrich »

Try right-click on your taskbar panel and choose "Panel Settings"

Then you'll see options for "Size Options" and usually the "Use customized panel size" is UNchecked while "Allow Cinnamon to scale panel text and icons according to the panel heights" is checked but greyed out.

If yours are not set that way then you could always put them back yourself if you check "Use customized panel size" becuase then you'll get those greyed out options available to configure.

HTH
richard.h.t

Re: window list squishes my panel icons

Post by richard.h.t »

Thanks for the reply, been a while since I looked.

I've done what is suggested and no luck. Once I have multiple windows open it gets to the point where the little panel with the icon-program name of the last added window visually overwrits the icons on the panel which I use to load the programs quickly in the first place.

Regards

Richard

Return to “Cinnamon”