[SOLVED] Grive Tools won't auto-start in Cinnamon

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ranthe
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Grive Tools won't auto-start in Cinnamon

Post by Ranthe »

Greetings,

I currently have Grive / Grive Tools v1.12 installed on Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca (64-bit) from the fanclub.co.za repository, and for some reason despite my having the "Start Google Drive when you start your computer" option selected in the application preferences and "Google Drive" (Grive) added to the "Startup Applications" configuration, Grive won't auto-start when running Cinnamon. However, it DOES auto-start when running MATE...!

Manually starting Grive under Cinnamon works with no issues. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling under Cinnamon but with no change. I tried setting a delay of between 4 to 25 seconds on Google Drive starting in the Startup Applications, but that hasn't worked either.

It's not a major issue manually starting Grive to synch Google Drive, but it's a bit of a nuisance to have to remember to kick it off. Any ideas as to what else I can try / look at to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TuggBuss

Re: Grive Tools won't auto-start in Cinnamon (but does in MA

Post by TuggBuss »

I'm experiencing the same issue.
alsnet

Post by alsnet »

I'm experiencing the same issue.

:( :( :(
Ranthe
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ranthe »

Just upgraded to Mint 17.3 "Rosa" and Grive Tools auto-started as expectd in Cinnamon. So whatever was done to Cinnamon for 17.3 has fixed the issue! :D

Return to “Cinnamon”