SOLVED: Lock screen time narc

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jeffpas

SOLVED: Lock screen time narc

Post by jeffpas »

Every time I lock my screen to walk away, Linux Mint emblazons a big CLOCK on the screen....... announcing to everyone the time I left and continually reminding the whole time I'm gone. Not to mention making me feel pressured.
As I already have a clock on my phone, a clock in my car...in the upper right of desktop all day..... and several clocks on the wall...... how do I get rid of this useless boob? Instinctively I looked in Settings--> Screen Locker but nothing is there.
I've tried articles all over the place and nothing will remove it. Has anyone successfully done this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Lock screen time narc

Post by Cosmo. »

I have no "solution" (?) for your request, but I wonder, what kind of clock you have.
jeffpas wrote:announcing to everyone the time I left and continually reminding the whole time I'm gone.
I only see a clock, which does not show anything as the time / date of the day. I never have seen (or installed) a screen saver, which counts the time and announces anything (as long as the message option is not set).
jeffpas wrote:Every time I lock my screen to walk away... Not to mention making me feel pressured.
Again I cannot follow. How can you get feel pressured, if you went away? BTW: All the other clocks do not make you feel pressured? (2nd BTW: The clock on the screen saver and the clock on the desktop can never be seen at the same time, so none of both can replace the other - as you seemed to say.)

Hm, you could switch off your monitor, this would save some energy too.
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

Which edition of Mint/Cinnamon are you using?

In Mint 17.1 (Cinnamon 2.4) the ability to set a custom time format for the screen locker exists.. I would assume that selecting to use custom format and then blanking the box that you enter the actual required format into would achieve the desired result.

I can't remember if the above feature was present in Mint 17 (Cinnamon 2.2), sorry.

Regards
WT

Edit.. Tested my above suggestion in Cinnamon 2.4 (Mint 17.1) and it works as I suspected.
jeffpas

Post by jeffpas »

@Cosmo, that wasn't an answer, that was an argument ;)

@WinterTroubles, you win the prize. Tricky, but did exactly what I was looking for. A+~

Return to “Cinnamon”