[SOLVED]Change Nemo shortcuts to usual folders(Documents...)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oniscidea

[SOLVED]Change Nemo shortcuts to usual folders(Documents...)

Post by oniscidea »

Hi all!

I have moved my default folders to new ones and now my Nemo shortcuts to Documents, Pictures, Music... point to the wrong folders. This means that in the left panel I see "Documents_old" instead of "Documents", and so on.
I have checked that the information in /.config/user-dirs.dirs seems ok: XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR="$HOME/Documents" but this config file is for Gnome/Nautilus and I don't know if Nemo looks also here.
Any help in order to adjust my shortcuts would be appreciated! I have not found any information regarding this problem in Linux Mint, only for Ubuntu and I haven't been able to solve it. Thanks!!!

Oh! I am using Linux Mint 16 Petra.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oniscidea

Re: Change Nemo shortcuts to usual folders (Documents, etc)

Post by oniscidea »

No one knows???
WinterTroubles

Re: Change Nemo shortcuts to usual folders (Documents, etc)

Post by WinterTroubles »

If I recall correctly you should have 'bookmarks' in the toolbar at the top of the nemo window, and from there be able to select 'edit bookmarks' where you can change the path to the new location. I may be mistaken though as I no longer run Mint 16 due to it no longer receiving updates/upgrades or fixes for security issues.. I would recommend reading the relevant link in my signature and then consider upgrading to Mint 17/17.1.

Regards
WT
oniscidea

[SOLVED]Re: Change Nemo shortcuts to usual folders

Post by oniscidea »

Oh, it was so easy and obvious.... I hadn't realised the shortcuts were just plane bookmarks! Thanks WinterTroubles!
WinterTroubles

Re: [SOLVED]Change Nemo shortcuts to usual folders(Documents

Post by WinterTroubles »

You're welcome oniscidea, it's always the 'obvious' things that catch us out when we don't realise they are obvious :wink:

It's the same in 17/17.1 should you choose to upgrade to a currently supported version of Mint :)
andrewhg

Re: [SOLVED]Change Nemo shortcuts to usual folders(Documents...)

Post by andrewhg »

I have spent ages trying to do this by trying to edit configuration file, when I could have did it the easy way. Thanks

Return to “Cinnamon”