File and Directory Properties

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cappycappy53

File and Directory Properties

Post by cappycappy53 »

When I select Properties when checking a file or directory it gives the location but not the drive it is on. Is it possible to set properties so that the drive will be identified. I am using Mint 17.1 Cinnamon.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: File and Directory Properties

Post by xenopeek »

I don't think there's an option for this. I think it isn't that hard to remember what folders are mounted on which drives? How many hard disks and partitions do you have mounted? At least for me, I know everything but a few select folders are on my root partition. Specifically I have the Music, Videos, and VirtualBox VMs folders from my home folder on my second hard disk and everything else on the first.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

The Nemo file manager is open source, of course, so the source code is available, and adding what you want probably wouldn't be a hard thing to do. Not the answer you were looking for, I know, but that's the best I can do.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
niowluka

Post by niowluka »

You can run

Code: Select all

mount
To display where 'drives' are mounted, so if you know the path, you know the 'drive'.
cappycappy53

Post by cappycappy53 »

I have Cinnamon, KDE, xfcs all installed on different drives. I would like to know which home folder I am looking at when I select "Properties"

Return to “Cinnamon”