Multi screens and menu position

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ComputingFroggy

Multi screens and menu position

Post by ComputingFroggy »

Hi,

I have been happily using Cinnamon for a couple of months, now.

Yesterday, I have added an extra secondary screen to my computer running Cinnamon: I have now a dual monitor setup.
However the menu panel is positioned only on my secondary monitor.
I haven't found the way to configure the way the menu panel is displayed with multiple monitors: I would like to move the menu panel to my primary monitor or to display the menu panel on both monitors.

Any ideas, anyone ?

Cheers,
L@u
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Multi screens and menu position

Post by JosephM »

Currently you can only display the Cinnamon panels on a single monitor. This hopefully will change in the next version of Cinnamon. The panels are on your primary monitor. If you go to Cinnamon Settings->Display you can set which monitor is considered the primary and arrange them as you wish.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
ComputingFroggy

Post by ComputingFroggy »

Yes, exactly what I needed : setting the correct monitor as primary using the Settings => Display !

Thanks a lot JosephM ! !

PS: sorry for the double post, I did not realise that the posts were regulated ... I thought the first one did not work and I reposted ! :-(
I've deleted the double, now.
admf

Post by admf »

I'm with the same problem with 2 monitors

if I activate both, the system became toooo sloooow !!

tho only way to use it is mirroring them with the command:

!#/bin/sh
xrandr --output VGA1 --same-as LVDS1

Return to “Cinnamon”