workspace w/different backgrounds - NO uniqueness

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
buckmaster60

workspace w/different backgrounds - NO uniqueness

Post by buckmaster60 »

Been running epensuse and debian for about 10 years, however with the KDE desktop. Just installed Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon desktop. Works nice.

I have one issue. I've gotten used to the ability to have a different desktop background on each workspace. I work on several workspaces at the same time and a visual difference of the desktop background is a really nice feature that enhances your ability to know which workspace your on. And I know you have the workspace title to go by but still the background is a great visual to also let you know.

Besides - it's really nice to have different pictures you've taken on each workspace.

ALSO - added this comment after working with Cinnamon. Seems the real issue is the workspace desktop does not have any "individualism" to it. Added a folder link on one desktop but it appeared across ALL workspace desktops. Not what I desire.

Is there any way to make each workspace desktop unique - backgrounds, applets, folders?

I've search the forums and the internet and can not find a simple solution. I'm new to the cinnamon desktop. What am I missing? Surely this is built into Cinnamon and I'm just missing the right "button" to make it happen.

Thanks in advance
Tom
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
buckmaster60

Re: workspace w/different backgrounds - NO uniqueness

Post by buckmaster60 »

Does anyone have any suggestions or do I just stay with KDE?
thx
mdavies5
Level 3
Level 3

Re: workspace w/different backgrounds - NO uniqueness

Post by mdavies5 »

I also love different wallpapers but I stick with Cinnamon because of it's many other advantages. I use the workspace switcher applet on the panel and also Hot Corners; by moving my mouse to a selected corner all the workspaces are displayed with their contents which makes them unique. This works very fast on my desktop with NVidia drivers.
Cheers, Mike

Return to “Cinnamon”