How can I speed up scale and expo animation?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kindlychung

How can I speed up scale and expo animation?

Post by kindlychung »

Or disable animation altogether? I am not interested in eye candies, just want to get the work done. :)

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WinterTroubles

Re: How can I speed up scale and expo animation?

Post by WinterTroubles »

As you are in the Cinnamon forum -looking at no-one pierre :wink: - take a look under effects in either system settings or preferences in the main menu, you can deselect the 'enable desktop effects' check box to.. erm.. disable effects :D

This is true on 17 and 17.1, not sure about 13 and you probably shouldn't be using another version of main edition.
kindlychung

Post by kindlychung »

I tried that already, but it seems to have no effect on expo and scale.

I am using cinnamon 2.4.5 on ubuntu 14.04.
Last edited by kindlychung on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

kindlychung wrote:I tried that already, but it seems to have no effect on expo and scale.

:oops: I guess I'll crawl back under my rock then, my apologies.. I answered too quickly and now have to admit that if my suggestion missed the mark then I don't know, sorry.
kindlychung

Post by kindlychung »

:D That's fine, thanks for your help all the same, pal.
master312

Post by master312 »

I had a same problem. I did a little digging around, and found a solution.
Open /usr/share/cinnamon/js/ui/expo.js in text editor (you must have root access), and change line "const ANIMATION_TIME = " to speed you want, then reboot.
const ANIMATION_TIME = 0.15 works fine for me :)

Return to “Cinnamon”