Chrome Icon Missing from systray

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MtDewfella

Chrome Icon Missing from systray

Post by MtDewfella »

The Google Chrome system tray icon is missing in Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon edition until I restart cinnamon, then it shows up, before I restart cinnamon instead of an Icon its just a blank space. any one know what's causing this or is it a chrome bug?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
adam1book

Re: Chrome Icon Missing from systray

Post by adam1book »

I'm having exactly the same issue in Linux Mint 17.1. Rather than having to restart I'm able to get the icon to show by enabling panel edit mode and dragging an icon close to where the Chrome icon should be. It then reappears and I disable panel edit mode again. Is this bug currently in the issue tracker?
ReplicateThis
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ReplicateThis »

adam1book wrote:I'm having exactly the same issue in Linux Mint 17.1. Rather than having to restart I'm able to get the icon to show by enabling panel edit mode and dragging an icon close to where the Chrome icon should be. It then reappears and I disable panel edit mode again. Is this bug currently in the issue tracker?
I have this issue too, and mostly lived with it for nearly a year. I'm on Mint 17.1 with Cinnamon, and Chrome Version 42.0.2311.152 (64-bit).

Your panel-edit trick is awesome for a work around, though. Thank you! :D
"Don't anthropomorphize computers - they hate it." ~Author Unknown
draconicrose
Level 2
Level 2

Post by draconicrose »

I just wanna say I'm having this very same issue, under Mint 17.1. In addition (I suspect it may be related) there is a space between the system tray icons:
http://postimg.org/image/64t0ao495

Return to “Cinnamon”