Additional Emblems for LM 17.1 Nemo

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jotam

Additional Emblems for LM 17.1 Nemo

Post by Jotam »

I very much enjoy the possibility of assigning emblems to files and folder in Nemo (since LM 17.1 Rebecca Cinnamon). Thanks to all developers for implementing this option.

My question: Is it actually possible to customize those emblem icons? I'd really like to add some of my own icons for use as folder emblems. How and where can I do that?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Additional Emblems for LM 17.1 Nemo

Post by austin.texas »

Create a folder named .icons in /home/yourusername
Create or download a new icon set and place it in that folder.
Instructions are here - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 04#p807396
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Jotam

Post by Jotam »

Does this really work for emblems? Your link seems to deal with icon sets. But I'm not talking about folder icons here, but the new emblem functionality.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Yes, it works for emblems. Here are the emblems I get after installing the acvamarin icon set.
EmblemScreenshot.png
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Jotam

Post by Jotam »

Sorry, but I think we have a missunderstanding here. Of course what you suggest will work in the sense that it gives me different emblems from the ones I was offered before under the Mint-X Theme. But I don't want different emblems, I want more!

My aim is to stay with the standard Mint-X Theme and just increase the choice of emblems I get. For example, I would like to add a "book" emblem for my ebook folder. When I just change the Theme, I will still remain with the same options for emblems as before (e.g. "Important", "Mail", "Games", "Multimedia", etc.) But I'd like to add another option for an emblem called "Books". Is that acutally possible?
RWMills

Post by RWMills »

I am also looking for a way to do this.

Return to “Cinnamon”