Themes and Applications

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ITFishGuy

Themes and Applications

Post by ITFishGuy »

I just installed 17.1 and so far I like the changes, however I am noticing in VMWare Workstation 11 the menu bar only shows file, but no edit, view etc. In order to get the missing entries to work you have to click file then move the mouse over to the right and the menu options appear. I opened a ticket with VMWare in case this may be an issue of their application not being aware of a theme, but since the actual menus show up I am wondering if it may be an issue with the OS. I was using a different theme to start with, then changed over to the default with the same behavior. Each time I changed a them I started up VMWare and shut it down between trials. I know the theming changed in 17.1 and I may install 17 on another machine and put workstation 11 on it to see if workstation behaves correctly. Just wanted to drop a line here to see if anyone else has run into issues with applications and the menu bar only showing file.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ITFishGuy

Re: Themes and Applications

Post by ITFishGuy »

Installed MATE to test out and the menus show in both MATE and Cinnamon. So I guess it was a matter of restarting the session?? :roll:

Return to “Cinnamon”