(SOLVED)Can not find software sources in 17.1

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amikkwe

(SOLVED)Can not find software sources in 17.1

Post by amikkwe »

I want to check mirror speeds and look over my ppas but since moving to 17.1 I cannot find software sources listed in the cinnamon menu. Has it been moved into another set settings or removed completely? I looked everywhere I can think of and just cannot find it for some reason. Thanks.

****I fixed it, but in case anyone else encounters this issue in the future, I will explain. Clem on the Linux Mint Blog actually told me it is supposed to be the mintsources package I mention below. software-properties-common is not a mint package. So all I did was install mintsources in package manager and all is well now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Can not find software sources in 17.1

Post by richyrich »

If you click the shield on your panel (MintUpdate), when it opens, can you see it from - Menu > View > Software Sources . . ?
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

Open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

software-sources
followed by Enter and your password.
OR go to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
OR click on the Update Manager icon and go to "Edit", "Software Sources".
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
amikkwe

Post by amikkwe »

kyphi wrote:Open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

software-sources
followed by Enter and your password.
OR go to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
OR click on the Update Manager icon and go to "Edit", "Software Sources".
Nope not there. If I type that in it says command not found
amikkwe

Post by amikkwe »

richyrich wrote:If you click the shield on your panel (MintUpdate), when it opens, can you see it from - Menu > View > Software Sources . . ?
Doesn't show in mint update, I checked that right away as that seemed a logical place to look for it
amikkwe

Post by amikkwe »

Also, I looked in software manager and found the package mintsources, which I assume to be the correct one but it has a red warning that if I install it, it will uninstall software-properties-common. So I am unsure if I should install it or not. I read all the realese notes and what not and have not seen this feature was being removed. I really don't want to screw something up by installing it, but I do use this somewhat often

Return to “Cinnamon”