Need Default Cinnamon Window Effects!

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mikeuresti

Need Default Cinnamon Window Effects!

Post by mikeuresti »

Could someone please post a screenie of the default values for Cinnamon's window effects?

System Settings -> Effects -> Print Screen/Paste to forum! =3

There is an old thread that has some old values which isn't correct for Mint 17 Cinnamon 2.2.

I was playing around with some settings and when I was finished I went looking for the 'ol "Restore Default" button and was amazed there wasn't one; so please help me out of this pickle!

Thank you.

Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Need Default Cinnamon Window Effects!

Post by austin.texas »

Sorry, I don't have the default settings anymore - and the only way to be sure you are actually getting the default settings might be to boot your Mint DVD and take a look there.

EDIT: in fact, I can do that...
EffectsScreenshot.png
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
mikeuresti

Post by mikeuresti »

You are a gentleman and a scholar, kind sir.

Thank you, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

I am happy to help.
Please go to your first post, click EDIT, and add [SOLVED] to the title.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

On a side note, there is a "Restore default settings option". However it returns all your system settings to the defaults. You can find it by right clicking the Cinnamon panel and choosing troubleshoot. You can also reset just the "Effects" setting to default pretty easily if you have dconf installed. Choose org->cinnamon and you will find them all listed as "desktop-effects-somename". Highlight each one and at the bottom of the window hit the "Restore to Default" button.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
jrodicus

Post by jrodicus »

Came across this thread looking for the same answer. After checking out dconf, I came up with this bit of bash-fu to reset the desktop-effects settings without blowing away the rest of your Cinnamon configs:

Code: Select all

for key in `dconf list /org/cinnamon/ | grep desktop-effects`; do dconf reset /org/cinnamon/$key; done

Return to “Cinnamon”