Mint Cinnamon and Kdenlive interface

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WJacques

Mint Cinnamon and Kdenlive interface

Post by WJacques »

​Hi,

I am a Linux newbie (several days only) I installed Mint Qiana Cinnamon and ​and today I have installed Kdenlive. Video editing is not my profession but I edit quite a lot for my personal use ( trip movies, family stuff, small movies for my work and more)

On Windows 7 I use Adobe Premiere but since I installed Mint several days ago I find myself using Mint 90% of my time and I would like to stay in Mint to edit videos with Kdenlive and not to logout and then login to Win 7 just to edit on Premiere

My problem with Kdenlive is the color of the interface: it is too bright and is very distracting at least for me. I am used to work with the dark interface of Premiere which help to concentrate on what I am editing. This is not a deal breaker but I would like a dark interface for my video editor.

In Kdenlive under "Settings" there is a "Themes" option but there is only one theme available , the default theme. I have seen many screenshots of Kednlive with a dark theme. Do you know how it is possible to install such dark theme for Kdenlive in Mint? By the way, I have tried Kdenlive with Mint KDE and under Settings there are many Theme options. From the Kdenlive forum I have been told to "explore Cinnamon's desktop theme/color options. Kdenlive will still rely upon the desktop manager for thematic support - even for Mint Cinnamon" I have explored the settings but did not find any setting that gives a dark theme to Kdenlive in Mint Cinnamaon

I am not only a Linux/Mint and Kdenlive newbie but also not tech-savvy at all so please use simple step by step explanations.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
craig100
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mint Cinnamon and Kdenlive interface

Post by craig100 »

I've just done the same. Upgraded to Mint 17 and for the first time installed KDEnLive. I too would really prefer to use the dark interface shown in most of the videos and screenshots of it. However, I understand that it uses the KDE system's theming engine(?). Is there any way we can either get the KDE theme working or set KDEnLive to use Cinnamon themes?

Any advice appreciated.

Craig

Return to “Cinnamon”