Annoying drag and drop behaviour in task bar

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BernieBln

Annoying drag and drop behaviour in task bar

Post by BernieBln »

Hey there,

since a few months I observe an annoying behaviour with the task bar on the bottom of the screen, where I can see my currently running programs.

Very often I click on an item on the taskbar to bring a window to the front, but what happens is that a drag and drop mode is enabled (that allows me to reorder the ordering of the displayed items). See picture attached.

I find that super annoying, it's probably happening when you click and move the mouse a little while clicking. can I switch it off? I don't have this problem anywhere else in the system (but I have it on several computers, all running mint).

Bernhard
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Total_Blue
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Annoying drag and drop behaviour in task bar

Post by Total_Blue »

Anyone have a fix to this annoying bug? I have been experiencing the same issue on both my Mint 17 machines, Desktop and Laptop.
Total_Blue
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Annoying drag and drop behaviour in task bar

Post by Total_Blue »

Total_Blue wrote:Anyone have a fix to this annoying bug? I have been experiencing the same issue on both my Mint 17 machines, Desktop and Laptop.
This seems to have been fixed in 17.1.

Return to “Cinnamon”