Cannot remount FTP via nemo after disconnecting

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adpeate

Cannot remount FTP via nemo after disconnecting

Post by adpeate »

Hi,
I've searched the internet regarding this issue but not found the exact problem I have.

I have 3 machines running mint 17 cinnamon edition (64 bit - clean install) all with the same issue.

When I connect to an ftp server in nemo, i.e

Code: Select all

ftp://ftpuser@ftpserver.com
in the nemo location bar it will connect to the server fine. If I then unmount the ftp server by clicking the normal 'eject' icon next to the mount in the nemo side bar this works as expected.

However if I then try to reconnect to an ftp server the same way I get the error message:
The location is not a folder.
This happens every time and the only way I can get it to work again is by killing nemo altogether then reopening it.

Code: Select all

killall nemo
I assume it is a bug with either nemo or FUSE gvfs somewhere. It only happens with FTP connections, SFTP (ssh) mounts work fine and unmount / remount fine. I'm also pretty sure I never had this issue in mint 13.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Alan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phpworm

Re: Cannot remount FTP via nemo after disconnecting

Post by phpworm »

Same problem here, mint 17 cinnamon 64-bit.

I have an FTP location bookmarked and I can open it up fine the first time, but after that it won't open again "location is not a folder" until I restart my computer. I appreciate the killall nemo tip as that seems to work as well.
iBigQ

Re: Cannot remount FTP via nemo after disconnecting

Post by iBigQ »

Same problem here, mint 17 cinnamon 64-bit...

... using remote file browsing over ssh. This seems to be the same issue when re-attaching my iPhone.

Any news?

Return to “Cinnamon”