each workspaces a different folder

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
luke8800gt

each workspaces a different folder

Post by luke8800gt »

Hallo,

I wondered if it is possible to have for each workspace a different folder as desktop directory?
So i would have my files for work on the desktp, switching to the other workspace i have my files of my freetime projects on the desktop ;)
Is this possible with cinnamon? if not can KDE do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
luke8800gt

Re: each workspaces a different folder

Post by luke8800gt »

Can no one give me an answer on this question? :?
luke8800gt

Post by luke8800gt »

really no one know something? :shock: :cry:
LesStrater

Post by LesStrater »

It's confusing when you say "files". There is nothing stopping you from having Nemo open in one workspace (showing a list of files), and Nemo open in a second workspace (showing a completely different set of files).
But I think you probably mean you want a different desktop in another workspace with a completely different set of icons. That would require a different user login on the second workspace which isn't possible.

You could access your personal files on a second workspace by running Nemo, selecting "File System", then the Home folder, followed by the folder name of your personal login. That would give you access to folders like your Documents, Pictures, Videos...etc. I routinely access my Windows-7 files in one workspace and copy them to Linux Mint in another workspace (and vice-versa).

Return to “Cinnamon”