pseudo-transparent terminal

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nanders83

pseudo-transparent terminal

Post by nanders83 »

Hi all,

both at my work and home I run linux mint 17 cinnamon edition. At both PCs, my terminal window is set to semi-transparent, so that I can see the background window. At home this works as expected.
However, at work, I have a pseudo-transparent terminal window which only shows the background wallpaper (see attachment). I know this pseudo-transparency from the lxde desktop where you could enable compositing for true transparency.
Yet, in cinnamon compositing is default and to my knowledge you can't change this.

It seems the settings between both PCs at home and work are the same, but I can't find how to get a truly transparent terminal at my work PC. Can anyone point me in the right direction where to look?
thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: terminal transparency

Post by nomko »

Did you changed themes? And installed the proper graphic driver?
nanders83

Re: terminal transparency

Post by nanders83 »

thanks for your reply.

I also thought it might be the themes, but it's with every theme, also the standard ones.
At work I have a Gigabyte GTX780 installed with proprietary nividia-331 drivers. (doesn't work as expected)
At home I have an Asus GTX770 installed, with the same nvidia-331 drivers. (works as expected)

I need the proprietary drivers for software that uses opencl.

Return to “Cinnamon”