Workspace Problem..? [SOLVED]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Empirst

Workspace Problem..? [SOLVED]

Post by Empirst »

Hi, I've searched the whole internet and couldn't find anything, which surprised me actually.
In Ubuntu, when I do Ctrl+Alt+UP/+Down, I can switch workspaces to the one that is below or above the one I'm currently in.
Although, in Linux Mint 17, for some reason, when I Press Ctrl+Alt+Up, it shows me all the workspaces, and Ctrl+Alt+Down makes the workspace I'm currently in zoom out.

How can I change this so I can move between workspaces with all arrow keys (Icluding UP and DOWN), using combination of Ctrl+Alt+(ArrowKey)?

Thanks in Advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Empirst

Re: Workspace Problem..?

Post by Empirst »

Please, 30 views no answers..?
gtsfer

Post by gtsfer »

I can't tell you exactly how to get what you want. But if you are running Cinnamon, go into Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts and then Workspace Management. You can click on and modify an existing shortcut or create you own in there. If you're running another desktop like Mate it's similar but may be somewhere else in the main menu.

Today they call me "#42".
Empirst

Post by Empirst »

I'm running Cinnamon, and I've already seen in workspace managment shortucuts before posting in here, but still, the only options I have there is switch to left and right workspace. There is no Up or Down workspace.

Thanks for the input!

Regards.
gtsfer

Post by gtsfer »

Try... System Settings -> Applets -> Get More Online. Type Workspace in the search box. I think the Workspace Grid 2D and Switcher might do what you want. (click on "more info" but you can ignore the "how to install" part. you can do that right from "Applets").
Empirst

Post by Empirst »

gtsfer wrote:Try... System Settings -> Applets -> Get More Online. Type Workspace in the search box. I think the Workspace Grid 2D and Switcher might do what you want. (click on "more info" but you can ignore the "how to install" part. you can do that right from "Applets").
Thank you so much mate, that was exactly what I wanted!
Have a wonderful day everyone, thanks for the help!

Regards.
gtsfer

Post by gtsfer »

You're welcome! Can you mark this SOLVED by editing your first post and adding that in the subject field?
Empirst

Re: Workspace Problem..? [SOLVED]

Post by Empirst »

For sure!
Thank you one more time :)

Return to “Cinnamon”