Shutter not appearing in system tray

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
apj68
Level 1
Level 1

Shutter not appearing in system tray

Post by apj68 »

Hi. . . I have had a heckuva a time getting Shutter to work at all. I ran into a boatload of posts of people trying to do the same thing -- make Shutter the default screenshot tool. Seems like some people have an easy time of it and others run into issues.

I read in one post that by disabling it in the keyboard bindings Shutter would then be able to use its settings. I was able to disable the shift-print (select region) using system settings->keyboard but was not able to disable the print button. Anyhow, the only thing I could get working was based on this post which said that using the standard Print/Shift-Print doesn't work but Control-Print does. I found this to be true and finally I got Shutter working using that alternate key combination.

However, it still doesn't appear in the system tray. Others seemed to be having a similar problem but not specifically related to Shutter.

It's a minor thing but I want to pursue it and was wondering where I should look? Is it a configuration (my) issue, a Shutter issue or a Cinnamon issue?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Andy

Code: Select all

System:    Kernel: 3.11.0-12-generic i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 16 Petra
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
txba516
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Shutter not appearing in system tray

Post by txba516 »

Hi apj68,

You've probably already done this... but have a look in the Shutter Preferences under the Behavior tab. Mine looks like this and I get Shutter in the tray every time.
Shutter Prefs

Cheers!
LM17.2 x64 Cinnamon
Help the forums get answers faster! Mark your fixed problem thread as [SOLVED]

Return to “Cinnamon”