Applications' tray icons aren't displayed

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GermanSokolov13

Applications' tray icons aren't displayed

Post by GermanSokolov13 »

I've installed Linux Mint 17 with Cinnamon.

I tried to make GNote, Thunderbird and Skype autorun on system startup minimized to tray. I made them autoruned with Startup application program. Then I made GNote and Skype minimize into tray with their menu settings. And I had to install a couple of add-ons(MinimizeToTray revived and firetray. because the former didn't work) on Thinderbird to make it minimizable to tray.

After that at first it worked first time but then a strange bug appeared. Every time I minimize one of these programs to tray or they are minimized with startup their tray icons don't appear. They appear to be working in processes list, but no tray icon and no icon on panel as well. So it actually gets to tray but no icon appears on the other hand.

Is there any way explain it and repair the tray? Tray worked but then it got broken in that way.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Applications' tray icons aren't displayed

Post by kyphi »

Remove the programs you have recently added from Startup Applications.

To get Thunderbird to appear on your panel, open your Main Menu, locate "Internet", move cursor to the right column and right click on Thunderbird and select "Add to panel".

Do the same with Skype but to get active Skype to appear on your panel, tick the box in the Skype program "Start Skype minimised in the system tray". Opening Skype will create the active Skype icon.
If you add Skype to Startup Applications, Skype will start but not be visible.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Cinnamon”