Can't open folders - Linux Mint 17

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mascukae

Can't open folders - Linux Mint 17

Post by mascukae »

Hi, I've been searching around for the particular situation but could find any posts.

I'm new to Linux environment, so I can barely handle myself through it and lack of the technical words for it, so I'll get as simple as it can get.

I've recently installed Linux Mint 17 in my notebook ( it's a Dell XPS, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 2,53GHz) and I run it along with Windows 7 for work reasons. Everything was working just fine, I install updates as soon as Mint tells me to and I have installed so far no great apps. The latestes thing I added was Wine and there I run Dreamweaver. When I did this, this problem I'm having didn't show up.

The thing is that when I try to open a folder from my taskbar the icon twinkles and no folder window is open. In addition, whenever I try to open it through my taskbar desktop icons dissapear (except for a shortcut icon) and background image switches back to standard LinuxMint 17 image. Once this happens I can't open folders in any direct way, nor from Menu. When I try to get to folders directory thorugh the remaining shortcut it says that the link is broken and whether I want or not to send it to trash.

I would really appreciate any contributions on the matter in order to have de OS running properly.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mascukae

Re: Can't open folders - Linux Mint 17

Post by mascukae »

Ok, I'll reply to myself as I found a way to unlock the problem.

As long as I've been having this issue, I had within the CD/DVD an installation disc with some drivers for an audio interface. When I opened the drive, every folder and drive reappaeared once again and now I can use Mint OS just fine.

Se vemo.

Return to “Cinnamon”