Classic Panel

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Classic Panel

Post by borgward »

I enabled classic panel Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon. It dows not act like it did in 14. On 14, applications would appear on the bottom panel. Now they appear on the top panel after I open them.

I want application icons that I choose from the menu to appear on the top panel. I want Applets to appear on the top panel. I want applications to appear on the bottom panel afer they open. How do I do that? I can right click on a panel but I do not see an option to do what I want. With Linux Mint 14, panels in classic mode worked the way I wanted.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Classic Panel

Post by caribriz »

Hi,

Try this -
Right-click the panel (top or bottom, doesn't matter)
Turn on "Panel edit mode"
Drag the Window list applet (the button of an open application) down to the bottom panel.
If necessary, then drag it to the far left or far right "dark" coloured area.
Turn off Panel edit mode.
Restart Cinnamon

borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Post by borgward »

That worked. The only thing I dont like is that I can not get them to start at the left. They want to arrage around the center of the bottom panel. That began happening after the last update of 14.
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

If you just drag it to the bottom panel, the Window List applet (window button) will just stay in the middle of the panel (the green part of the panel, when
Panel edit mode is turned on) - so you do have to drag it onto the far left tiny dark red area on the panel (in the picture below).

Drag it there and hold it on the red area, then release it. It might take a few goes to get it to "snap" onto the red bit.

When it does finally stick there, turn off Panel edit mode and restart Cinnamon.

Return to “Cinnamon”