[Solved]VirtualBox, LM17, Running in Software Rendering Mode

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
abkumar

Re: [Solved]VirtualBox, LM17, Running in Software Rendering

Post by abkumar »

All the download links above seem to be dead now, but this one seems to work:

http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualb ... 4.3.14.iso
Rocologo

Post by Rocologo »

VirtualBox v 4.3.14 did not work on may Laptop, the virtual machines could not start, not even totally new ones. So I had to uninstall 4.3.14, and install 4.3.12 and are running in Software Rendering Mode, until next version is released.
gaetawoo

Post by gaetawoo »

Rocologo wrote:VirtualBox v 4.3.14 did not work on may Laptop, the virtual machines could not start, not even totally new ones. So I had to uninstall 4.3.14, and install 4.3.12 and are running in Software Rendering Mode, until next version is released.
I think the point was to run Guest Additions 4.3.14 from within VirtualBox 4.3.12. That worked for me.
azcn2503

Post by azcn2503 »

The 4.3.14 guest additions linked above sadly does not work with VirtualBox 4.3.20 (Windows host). Any suggestions or workarounds?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Your problem is, that you joined an old thread. As you said yourself, 4.3.20 is the current version, and with every version of VB you should use the correspondent guest additions. They are included in every version of VB, simply open in the VM the devices-menu and choose the last option there.
augustynr

Post by augustynr »

I have the same problem with 4.3.20 VB and additions ....
inside83

Post by inside83 »

augustynr wrote:I have the same problem with 4.3.20 VB and additions ....
Me too...VB 4.3.20, Mint 17.1
inside83

Post by inside83 »

GJ51 wrote:
EDIT: SUCCESS!!

Follow instructions posted here: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1957 ... -mint.html
But this did the trick :)
CinnamonRoll

Post by CinnamonRoll »

How do you use the iso file? I tried to mount it with PowerISO, but it just says "The file format is invalid or unsupported".
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

1) The message indicates, that the file is corrupted.

2) Normally you would not have to download a guest-additions separately, it is included and ready for use in the VB-installation.

3) I wonder what you want to do with such an old file. the guest additions must match with the version of VB, and we are now at 4.3.26. You quoted a post, that is nearly 1 year old.

Return to “Virtual Machines”