[SOLVED] require password twice from screensaver

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bulsatar
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] require password twice from screensaver

Post by bulsatar »

Morning everyone,

Been having a strange occurance and seeing if anyone can help. I have my screensaver and lock settings set to lock after the screen turns off. When I come back and sign in, it asks me twice for my password and it appears from 2 different screensaver/lock programs. I have not installed any other screensaver/lock managers (pretty sure on that one).

Does anyone know how I could remove all screensaver/lock managers and reinstall just the one that I need from cinnamon?

Thanks for any help/guidance!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rpr-nospam

Re: require password twice from screensaver

Post by rpr-nospam »

Please, give the output of the following command:

Code: Select all

$ ps -elf | grep -i screen
I guess you use Linux Mint 16. Is it a clean install or upgraded from previous version?

-- rpr.
bulsatar
Level 2
Level 2

Re: require password twice from screensaver

Post by bulsatar »

nerp, I am using 13 lts cinnamon 64 bit. I tried 16 and liked it but decided I didn't want to redo my os every couple of months and moved back to 13 until the next lts comes out for mint (hopefully May :D )

Output:
0 S bulsatar 2837 1930 0 80 0 - 75648 poll_s Apr18 ? 00:00:15 cinnamon-screensaver
0 S bulsatar 12871 1 0 80 0 - 101018 poll_s 08:59 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver --no-daemon

so it looks like there really are 2 screensavers active....removed the gnome-screensaver with apt-get remove. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Thanks for the guidance!!!

Return to “Cinnamon”