NEMO -- would love 2 solutions!

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NimS

NEMO -- would love 2 solutions!

Post by NimS »

Hi,
I keep going round and round but keep ending up back with Nemo. But there are 2 major niggles that I would love someone to help me solve...

1) When sorted by the 'Name' column all the capital letters go from A-Z, then the lowercase ones. It means if I am looking for a file called 'mine' (and I'm not sure if's upper or lower case) I have to look in two different places. Whereas it is was just alphabetical it would be a simple find.

2) Say I am in the downloads tab in Chromium. I choose a file and choose 'open file' it goes to nemo rather than opening the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NimS

Re: NEMO -- would love 2 solutions!

Post by NimS »

Wow, doesn't anybody else find the case-sensitive ordering annoying? :)
NimS

Post by NimS »

Well, I finally found the solution to point 1!

For any others that would prefer nemo to sort in case-insensitive alphabetical order, in /etc/locale.conf change
LC_COLLATE=C
to
LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8 ls -x

:D
sadhu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by sadhu »

NimS wrote:For any others that would prefer nemo to sort in case-insensitive alphabetical order, in /etc/locale.conf change
LC_COLLATE=C
to
I installed mint 17.1, and locale.conf no longer resides in /etc/ /etc/mdm/locale.conf is the wrong file, so you can't change it there. Any idea where the file is NOW located?
sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. LM 21.2-64 Cinn 5.8.4
sadhu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by sadhu »

NimS wrote:For any others that would prefer nemo to sort in case-insensitive alphabetical order, in /etc/locale.conf change
LC_COLLATE=C
to
I installed mint 17.1, and locale.conf no longer resides in /etc/ /etc/mdm/locale.conf is the wrong file, so you can't change it there. Any idea where the file is located in mint 17.1?
sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. LM 21.2-64 Cinn 5.8.4

Return to “Cinnamon”