Clementine in Systray [solved]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SMarais
Level 3
Level 3

Clementine in Systray [solved]

Post by SMarais »

Not sure how to fix it, but Clementine's icon doesn't appear in systray.
Im using LM16 Cinnamon 64
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I have LM Running on all these computers
passerby

Re: Clementine in Systray

Post by passerby »

Open Clementine, go to Tools > Preferences > Behavior, and tick the Show Tray Icon checkbox.
You'll need the notification area applet (if that's what it's called, the one with your network icon and such) on your panel to be able to see it.
SMarais
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Clementine in Systray

Post by SMarais »

Well it is already checked and I have already indicators that work correctly.
SMarais
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Clementine in Systray [solved]

Post by SMarais »

I don't know exactly why but the icon of clementine and some other apps are hidden by default.

I edited /usr/share/cinnamon/applets/systray@cinnamon.org/applet.js and removed clementine from the hidden icons.
legion1978
Level 1
Level 1

Post by legion1978 »

SMarais wrote:I don't know exactly why but the icon of clementine and some other apps are hidden by default.

I edited /usr/share/cinnamon/applets/systray@cinnamon.org/applet.js and removed clementine from the hidden icons.
..df..!
it worked of course.
Brianhanson2nd

Post by Brianhanson2nd »

I had the exact same problem, and tried to uncheck the show in tray option, restarted cinnamon, and checked it and it didn't do anything. Simple Google search, your solution and it worked perfectly. Thanks. :D
gaxfax

Post by gaxfax »

SMarais wrote:I don't know exactly why but the icon of clementine and some other apps are hidden by default.

OK I checked this file 'applet.js' and could find no mention of Clementine. The icon showed in the panel with Mint 15 but on Mint Cinnamon 17 it's gone.
Last edited by gaxfax on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

Gaxfax

This thread is not relevant to LM 17 as LM 17 is running the new cinnamon 2.2. But see this quote from the what's new for LM17 cinnamon, http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_cinn ... p#cinnamon, as it may be relevant..
MPRIS and Sound Applet
Cinnamon 2.2 was given MPRIS support, so you can interact with MPRIS compatible software not only from the sound applet but also from your multimedia keys.

The sound applet can now show the track name and the cover art of the song you’re playing, in the panel itself.

It’s also possible to tell the sound applet whether to hide or to show systray icons for multimedia players.
..or of course it may not be relevant :lol:
esplinter

Post by esplinter »

for those having this problem in Mint17 with cinnamon just right-click in the default sound applet in cinnamon >> configure >> uncheck "hide system tray icons for compatible players"
Olson

Post by Olson »

esplinter wrote:for those having this problem in Mint17 with cinnamon just right-click in the default sound applet in cinnamon >> configure >> uncheck "hide system tray icons for compatible players"
Thanks for this.. this is what I was looking for.
DaAwesomeP

Post by DaAwesomeP »

esplinter wrote:for those having this problem in Mint17 with cinnamon just right-click in the default sound applet in cinnamon >> configure >> uncheck "hide system tray icons for compatible players"
Yeah that's perfect. I understand why this option exists, but I don't understand why it is on by default. It makes you think that the app or the panel is malfunctioning.

Return to “Cinnamon”