Override alt-F6

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pspierce

Override alt-F6

Post by pspierce »

I switch workspaces via alt+F(#) and have for years. I've remapped in cinnamon and all is good except alt+f6 is mapped to the "switch between windows of same app" function. This is "hardcoded" somewhere as I don't see the option in the keyboard shortcuts and though I have set the shortcut for workspace 6 to be alt+f6 in cinnamon preferences, it still wants to switch betweens window of same app. Anyway to overwrite this as I don't see that function in the keyboard shortcuts to delete the key combo?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shugus

Re: Override alt-F6

Post by shugus »

Hi,

I know this question isn't probably "cool", but it is really annoying ! :)

Can you please explain how can we change the "Alt-F6" key combo behavior ?

Thanks !
shugus

Post by shugus »

Hi, again.

Does anyone knows the answer for this question, please ? :)

At least, does anyone knows if there is a quick solution for this ?

Thanks !
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

The keyboard shortcuts are found in System Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts

In Cinnamon, the Hot Corners work great to switch workspaces.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
shugus

Post by shugus »

Yes, I know that.

And as pspierce said in the first message of this post, the problem is that ALT+F6 doesn't work as expected AFTER we define it in Cinnamon Keyboard shortcuts configuration.

As he also said, ALT+F6 seems to be hardcoded, because no matter which function we try to define for it, pressing the combo always activates the "switch between windows of same app" function.

I'm hoping this is a bug and not a feature ! :) Or am I wrong ?

Thanks, again !

Return to “Cinnamon”