How to move systray to bottom panel?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hgraca

How to move systray to bottom panel?

Post by hgraca »

Hi,

Im using mint 14.1 cinnamon, and I've set up top and bottom panels, with the menu on the bottom left side and date/time, network, sound etc in the bottom right side.

However, when I try to drag and drop the systray applet, where the mint update and the dropbox icons are, they just open their window and I cant drag them.

Can some one explain to me how I can get the systray applet in the bottom panel?

Tkx in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: How to move systray to bottom panel?

Post by viking777 »

Well I don't know for sure but I would forget drag and drop, just delete systray on the top panel and add it to the bottom one. I only have one panel myself so I can't be certain that will work, must be worth a try though.
hgraca

Post by hgraca »

Tkx for ur reply.

it didnt work, adding an applet its a generic thing, I cant add it to a specific panel. I just add it, and then move it around wherever I want. Well, with this one I cant move it...
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

open dconf-editor, if u dont have it i think u need to install dconf-tools
then run dconf-editor (type it in terminal)
go to org>cinnamon in the left pane, go to the right pane and scroll down to 'enabled applets' then look for the systray entry which in my case is 'panel2:right:0:systray@cinnamon.org',
where panel2 means bottom panel (thats in my case, maybe the bottom one will be panel1 in your case) and just change it accordingly, if u want it on the left just replace right with left etc
viking777

Post by viking777 »

hgraca wrote:Tkx for ur reply.

it didnt work, adding an applet its a generic thing, I cant add it to a specific panel. I just add it, and then move it around wherever I want. Well, with this one I cant move it...
Like I say I only have one panel so your answer is a little difficult to understand, but my next suggestion would be this. Delete your top panel, set up the bottom panel as you want it (with the systray etc.) then create a new top panel with whatever you want on there.
hgraca

Post by hgraca »

Tkx for the replies,

viking777, im using cinnamon, it seems ur using mate... but tkx anyway.

lurkatron, I tryed that and restarted cinnamon, but didnt work...

any other ideas guys ?
viking777

Post by viking777 »

viking777, im using cinnamon
So am I.
Looks like I can't help anyway.
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

I think viking777 is right - just go to Cinnamon Setttings, choose the bottom panel layout, set it up with all of the applets you want, then choose the two-panel layout, drag and drop the applets onto it. That way you won't have to move the system tray. :)
lexeme

Post by lexeme »

lurkatron wrote:open dconf-editor, if u dont have it i think u need to install dconf-tools
then run dconf-editor (type it in terminal)
go to org>cinnamon in the left pane, go to the right pane and scroll down to 'enabled applets' then look for the systray entry which in my case is 'panel2:right:0:systray@cinnamon.org',
where panel2 means bottom panel (thats in my case, maybe the bottom one will be panel1 in your case) and just change it accordingly, if u want it on the left just replace right with left etc

Thanks! Worked a treat.
huntermaster

Post by huntermaster »

In LM 17.1 Panel Settings (Menu -> Settings -> Panel) has a check box at the bottom, "Panel edit mode" which allows you to drag and drop from/to top & bottom panels.

Return to “Cinnamon”