Disable workspace switcher using mouse

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Giancarlo PSK

Disable workspace switcher using mouse

Post by Giancarlo PSK »

Hi everyone! I updated Cinnamon to 1.6 version. It's really a great update. However, I have a little problem to solve. Basically, when I put the mouse on the right xor left side of the screen, it switches the workspace. It's so hateful. How can i disable this function?
Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mank_in

Re: Disable workspace switcher using mouse

Post by mank_in »

you can try:
open cinnamon setting>hot corner:
uncheck the box : hot corner enable
Giancarlo PSK

Post by Giancarlo PSK »

It disables only the expo view .. :(
Giancarlo PSK

Post by Giancarlo PSK »

Guys, any solution?
Silcantar

Post by Silcantar »

Under "Windows" in Cinnamon Settings, uncheck the "Enable Edge Flip" box.
Giancarlo PSK

Post by Giancarlo PSK »

Silcantar wrote:Under "Windows" in Cinnamon Settings, uncheck the "Enable Edge Flip" box.
Great, it works! Thank you very much :D
Enis

Post by Enis »

Worked for me as well, it's been bugging me for weeks and somehow I haven't been able to track down this answer!
Thanks! :-)
lakona

Post by lakona »

Yeah that works... But less than ideal. Does anyone know how to disable the automatic workspace switching without loosing the ability to drag one window to another, and not via the expo?
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

If you're using Nadia, or Maya with Cinnamon 1.6, that setting is under Cinnamon Settings -> Windows -> Enable Edge Flip.
lakona

Post by lakona »

abnvolk wrote:If you're using Nadia, or Maya with Cinnamon 1.6, that setting is under Cinnamon Settings -> Windows -> Enable Edge Flip.
The reason I've disabled that setting is because I don't want cinnamon to "flip" to a new desktop when my mouse pointer rests on the edge of the screen. I would prefer not to have that happen while still having the ability to take windows from one workspace to the other.

Return to “Cinnamon”