Possible bug in Cinnamon templates

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Timmy_93

Possible bug in Cinnamon templates

Post by Timmy_93 »

Hi all,
I'm using Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 2.6 and I think to have found a bug in templates.

I created a model in "~/Modelli" (it's italian) that should be the english "~/Templates".
A simple empty file saved as "text.txt".
Then when I press right click of mouse>Create new document>text.txt it creates me a new file called: "text.txt senza nome" (in english "Unamed text.txt").
The problem is that the only part highlighted is "text" so if I change the name in "newText" I obtain: "newText.txt senza nome".

Is it possible to solve this problem? It's not so heavy cancel each time " senza nome" from the new file but it's of course a bit annoying.
I hope I was clear enough.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Possible bug in Cinnamon models

Post by Cosmo. »

Seems to be a bug with the Italian language pack. In my German system the problem does not appear. Although I don't speak Italian I installed the Italian language pack and reproduced your system and I can confirm your problem. Sorry, I cannot give any solution, only confirm, that the problem is not your system.
Timmy_93

Post by Timmy_93 »

Cosmo. wrote:Seems to be a bug with the Italian language pack. In my German system the problem does not appear. Although I don't speak Italian I installed the Italian language pack and reproduced your system and I can confirm your problem. Sorry, I cannot give any solution, only confirm, that the problem is not your system.
Thank you for your answer, how can I report this bug?
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Click on the green "New issue" button, I would guess.

https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Timmy_93

Post by Timmy_93 »

Thank you! Bug reported, I hope that somebody will fix it ;-)

https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/4882
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

One thing to node: The English term for Modelli is Templates, not Models. You should correct this in your report for easier understanding by the readers.

I should have noted this already in my first reply, but I forgot it. Sorry about that.
Timmy_93

Post by Timmy_93 »

Cosmo. wrote:One thing to node: The English term for Modelli is Templates, not Models. You should correct this in your report for easier understanding by the readers.

I should have noted this already in my first reply, but I forgot it. Sorry about that.
Thank you! Everything was changed ;)

Return to “Cinnamon”