Dumb Lock Screen Question.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
InkKnife
Level 5
Level 5

Dumb Lock Screen Question.

Post by InkKnife »

I have always used Cinnamon but I got a old laptop that works much better with MATE and so far am enjoying it. The one thing I cannot figure out is how to set the timing of the lock screen coming on. I have found the settings in energy settings and have everything set to never but that has no effect on the appearance of the lock screen after just a few minutes of inactivity.
I cannot find the lock screen settings and need to change this behaviour or I am going to have to find another DE to use. I want this laptop to never lock no matter how long it has been inactive.
Help!?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
i7 3770, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SSD, 750GB HDD, 1TB HDD, Cinnamon.
Ozo

Re: Dumb Lock Screen Question.

Post by Ozo »

I am just a rookie but would ask this "dumb" question. Did you go to Screensaver and select the Settings which turn it off? I am assuming Mate is the same as Rosa Cinnamon.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Yes, there are two places to check the lockscreen settings; 1) Power Manager 2) Screensaver.
InkKnife
Level 5
Level 5

Post by InkKnife »

Thank you!
I knew it was going to be something obvious I had forgotten about. :oops:
i7 3770, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SSD, 750GB HDD, 1TB HDD, Cinnamon.

Return to “MATE”