Mate wont save preference changes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tone303

Mate wont save preference changes

Post by tone303 »

Skip words not in bold to have a shorter version

if i change the monitor to shut off in 30 minutes instead of 10, it will sitll shut off in 10

if i Disable mouse clicking with tapping of the mouse pad, it will still mouse click with tapping or go back to doing it later after a reboot

I dont understand why a bug so blatant hasnt been discovered or discussed. This bug is so horrible I think i have to go switch to Cinnamon, what i need is something like ubutnu with Gnome 2 and thats why i got mate, i understand cinnamon is about the same thing, yeah? never seen or tried cinnamon before.

Some of the things in mate do not have features that Gnome2 had, for instance i cant hold my mouse over the system monitor boxes added to a panel and get info in a bubble. they forgot some stuff and its incomplete compared to Gnome2. But i cant go and use a Gnome2 system with ubntu because mint is the only system that find all the hardware drivers for all newer computers. Wish i could just keep using Ubuntu and Gnome2

Ok so whats with this bug where mate wont accept preferences/settings changes, anyone else notice this? its still not fixed, Update after Update. I making 4 GB Virtual-Disk Persistence UFDs with abandonware Remastersys which to this day still works for new mint even though made for old ubuntu, and setting them to use RAM-Memory only in browser caching and other functions so that the 3.0 UFD is as long lived as an SSD, Someone I know relies on a High Grade 3.0 UFD plugged into a USB 3.0 port that runs faster than a hard drive. I dont like this settings bug =(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “MATE”