Disable Taskbar Scroll Wheel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ernestThornhill

Disable Taskbar Scroll Wheel

Post by ernestThornhill »

Is there anyway that I can stop Linux Mint from scrolling through the programs on the Task bar when I use my Scroll Wheel? This gets really irritating when scrolling down a large page in Firefox, then your mouse wanders into the task bar, screwing up your window focus. I wasn't able to find any settings in the Settings panel though.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mcfilter

Re: Disable Taskbar Scroll Wheel

Post by mcfilter »

I'm facing this same problem. It's beyond annoying, especially because you could start with the windows being minimized, but by scrolling over them, they stay opened!

So if you accidentally scroll at the bottom of the screen, you then need to bring your mouse to the top to minimize everything (and if, like me, you have windows of all different sizes and positions, you then need to move the mouse all over the place to hide everything). The only alternative is right-clicking every tab and selecting minimize, which is also a pain!

Return to “MATE”