Mate Menu Creates Zombies [Mint 13]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
parsma

Mate Menu Creates Zombies [Mint 13]

Post by parsma »

It seems that everything I start from the main Menu creates a zombie process leftover once I shut the program down again. Even a Java app, such as Jaxe leaves a Java zombie behind. FIrefox, Pan, etc.

Anybody got any ideas where the problem might be?

Currently 28°C and not a cloud in sight. It's what us Swedes call "frying hot." ´°.°` <=phew!

Forgot to mention, that the problem seems to be non existent if I start the application using other means, such as from opening/starting a file in a directory, or via the Terminal. It's only when I click on the main Mate Menu, and navigate to the program(-s) that the problem occur.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
leadwtZ

Re: Mate Menu Creates Zombies [Mint 13]

Post by leadwtZ »

Too hot for 'zombies' then? :mrgreen:

No ideas - but why Mate 13 you are a bit behind and it may save the problem? 17.2 out very soon. :wink:

EDIT Ho ho - tell a lie - the update manager has just updated and 17.2 is here! If you want it!!
parsma

Post by parsma »

Yes, it's old. But it serves me greatly otherwise, plus it is still supported. Up until 2017, I believe. So I see no immediate rush.
I want a system I can use every day, without having to fiddle around with it too much. When I'm retired I may see things differently, we'll see ... or as the saying goes over here: "he who lives shall see." ;)
leadwtZ

Post by leadwtZ »

Yup see the point - why fix what is not broken? :)

Not retired? Well when you are you will be busier than ever (my experience) and hopefully I am a LTS version too. :lol:
zum Kaufhof

Post by zum Kaufhof »

Totally agree with you there, Sir! Of course, we more mature types are supposed to be incapable of dealing with computers and the like but I think an upgrade to 17.2 might well cure the problem; it will have to be done via 'clean install' anyway.

Return to “MATE”