[Solved]Desktop Icons

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
prudra

[Solved]Desktop Icons

Post by prudra »

Installed today linuxmint-17.1-mate-32bit.iso on my dell vostro 1014 laptop. But I found no 'Trash' icon on the Desktop. Can this icon be put on the Desktop?
This is my first foray in linux mint. I have so long used debian, where the Trash icon always appeared on the desktop on installation.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zum Kaufhof

Re: Desktop Icons

Post by zum Kaufhof »

No problem. Take a look at the sidebar list in Caja and you'll see it near the bottom. You can simply 'grab' it and move it to wherever you prefer on the desktop. I hope I've used the right terminology for you.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

or in your Control Center under Desktop settings you can choose which icons will be on your desktop
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
prudra

Post by prudra »

all41 wrote:or in your Control Center under Desktop settings you can choose which icons will be on your desktop
Thank you. i did open Control Center. I thought Trash itself will be there as in opensuse. I'll now remember this.

Return to “MATE”