Screen Dim in Mate: Blank the screen, without dimming

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hyper-nova

Screen Dim in Mate: Blank the screen, without dimming

Post by hyper-nova »

On my Linux Mint installation, the screen saver is set to a blank screen. Before entering the screen saver, the screen fades out. I want to prevent the fading from happening.

Reason for wanting to stop the fading: When the screen begins to fade, if I move the mouse to wake the screen up, it contrinues to fade until it goes blank before it wakes up again. Which is kind of irritating having to wait an extra few seconds before I can use my computer again.

I can disable the screen saver completely, but without it my computer runs out of battery when left in the lab all day.

Does anyone know how to prevent the dimming process?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
este.el.paz
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Screen Dim in Mate: Blank the screen, without dimming

Post by este.el.paz »

@hyper-nova:

Interesting question, might be addressed by tweaking the power management settings so that "sleep" happens before "dimming" . . . there does need to be a modicum of patience when dealing with OS.

But, this may relate to a similar issue that I'm still experiencing in my MBPro . . . which is, in LM MATE 17.1 I'm again having the problem that I discussed in a thread when I was using LM13 . . . i.e., when waking from suspend the screen will be dimmed, and will not brighten . . . even logging out doesn't do anything. Reboot will again bring a bright screen, but, whole point of suspend is to give the computer a rest from which resume will or should bring the original conditions of brightness . . . .

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=127509

e...
MacPro '12 multiboot various linux OSs with some aging OSX's . . . .

Return to “MATE”