Wallapper Doubling

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alex809

Wallapper Doubling

Post by alex809 »

Hey guys,
So im having this problem.

No matter what wallpaper i use it's always doubling up.
http://i.imgur.com/N0w73rq.jpg

How do i fix it? I tried googling it and what not but i can't find an answer to it.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ibbill

Re: Wallapper Doubling

Post by ibbill »

Alex had that problem once had to set mine at zoom not sure this is your problem but just a thought.Under appearance background.
alex809

Post by alex809 »

No that's not the issue. I tried that already but just so you can see what happens under ANY of those options.
http://imgur.com/a/GMBcO

As well it might be useful to note that the only time my screen (1366x768) displays the background(s) properly is when i plug an HDMI cable in when i connect it to my TV.
Once i disconnect the HDMI cable the background(s) go back to doubling up.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 3531

EDIT:
It may also be worth noting that the space between the Trash, Computer, Alex's Home, the left of that space CANNOT be used. Folders won't drag over there but instead overlap one another.

The same applies to the space to the right of the Other folder.
The only time i can use the extra space on the left or right is when i drag programs there, That's the only time i can use that space.
ibbill

Post by ibbill »

Alex my friend who has a Dell laptop the desktop wallpaper would not fill the screen after disconnecting from the TV. had to un check mirror displays.Then it was okay.

Sounds like you have tried everything. Sorry not more help with your problem.Did this just start happening?
alex809

Post by alex809 »

No, This was happening since i booted the live install to install Linux Mint Mate 17.1 a few days ago. :/

The background displayed like that even on the Live Boot

EDIT:
IDK confused i did but i fixed it.. or so it seems. I enabled Mirror Displays and then disabled it.
ibbill

Post by ibbill »

omg and then the computer ghost showed up. Really happy its working for you awesome. well done.Maybe you can mark this thread Solved
alex809

Post by alex809 »

yeah, I didn't notice that. Most of the linux distro's at least so far that i have seen with support forums using PhpBB don't normally have that ability so that's kind of a surprise.

EDIT:
I can't find a mark as solved thing anywhere.
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

alex809 wrote:I can't find a mark as solved thing anywhere.

Psst.. take a look at my signature :wink:

Return to “MATE”