[SOLVED] custom menu bar key

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
o_O

[SOLVED] custom menu bar key

Post by o_O »

hello, everyone!

im not sure if i should be posting this here or in the newbies forum... please, bear with it if im wrong.

you could say i registered mainly only for this question - but, no, ill be back for other things, helping if i can or asking for help if i need.

i was stuck with an older version of mint mate and this issue was solved with gconf-editor. i use the custom menu (applications, places, system) because its faster and i like it more. recently i got to move to a new version of mint and now its been a misadventure configuring the super_L key to the custom menu. gconf-editor doesnt seen to do the trick anymore - or im not knowing how to anymore - and every other question i found only reffered to the mate menu, which is heavier in my good old netbook.

so, how do i change the custom menu from alt+f1 to super_L key?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: custom menu bar key

Post by xenopeek »

Isn't there some option for that if you right-click the menu button and go through the menus there? Otherwise, you'd use dconf-editor these days. Install dconf-tools to get it. I'm not using MATE much, but perhaps either of these tips will help :)
o_O

Post by o_O »

xenopeek wrote:Isn't there some option for that if you right-click the menu button and go through the menus there?
for that custom menu, there is not.
xenopeek wrote: Otherwise, you'd use dconf-editor these days. Install dconf-tools to get it. I'm not using MATE much, but perhaps either of these tips will help :)
ill try this one and come back to tell the results (im using windows right now).
o_O

Post by o_O »

alright, i got the custom menu to work with the Super_L (windows) key.

used dconf-editor (installed via software manager). there, the path to the menu keybinding is:

ORG>MATE>MARCO>GLOBAL-KEYBINDINGS>PANEL-MAIN-MENU and, there, Super_L was set as the value.

Return to “MATE”