Need to add more workspaces

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kensmith52

Need to add more workspaces

Post by kensmith52 »

I started using mint17.1 mate yesterday as the mint 17 started freezing up. This Rebecca seems to work ok however it will not allow me to add more workspaces other than the 4 it got.
I have tried every thing I could find on this forum but nothing seems to work. It appears that the Preferences menu has been cut off and not showing the whole menu. I am using the
64 bit version. I have no trouble with the 32 bit version of Mint 17 on my laptop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mik3e
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Need to add more workspaces

Post by Mik3e »

This a known issue with a recent Mate upgrade, apparently coincidental with Mint 17.1.

http://forums.mate-desktop.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3274
kensmith52

Post by kensmith52 »

Thanks Mik3e for the reply
I have been using mint for about 3 years and this is the first time I had a problem I could not fix.
kensmith52

Post by kensmith52 »

I went back to Mint 17 and it solved the problem.
Mik3e
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mik3e »

Mate has been upgraded in the last few days and it's fixed in Mint 17.1. I'm in the middle of a rebuild so I can't confirm version numbers, but the workspace switcher was working normally in my 17.1 just before I sent it south.

Return to “MATE”