Bookmarks that do not work

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oraculus

Bookmarks that do not work

Post by oraculus »

Hello friends.
I have several shared folders with the Windows 10 partition that I have bookmarked in Caja file manager. When I use an application as LibreOffice, GIMP, etc., these bookmarks do not appear.
In my Linux Mint MATE 13 it was working, I have update to the version 17 and already it does not work.
More this happens to someone?
Thank-you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
theStreak

Re: Bookmarks that do not work

Post by theStreak »

I'm using LM 17 and mounted locations do show up in other application's open/save dialogs. Perhaps your bookmarked locations aren't mounted?
PGG

Post by PGG »

There some discussion re Bookmarks here

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 6&t=164315
oraculus

Post by oraculus »

Hello theStreak. This is strange. My bookmarked locations are mounted.
Hello PGG. I have manually add my bookmarked locations in $HOME/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks and now all work well.
Thank-you.
gbe123

Re: [SOLVED] Bookmarks that do not work

Post by gbe123 »

I had the same problem but solved this way:

The problem occurs because there are two distinct bookmark files and they are not synchronised. They are ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks (where the bookmarks used in file dialogs are contained), and ~/.gtk-bookmarks (where Caja stoes its bookmarks).

So what I did was to rename one file as a backup (the more empty one), then combine everything I needed into the other file, then create a symlink between the two:

In a terminal, as a normal user (not root):

Code: Select all

mv ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks.BAK
ln -s ~/.gtk-bookmarks ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks
The above worked for me on Mint 17.1 Rebecca 64-bit.

Credit to altair4 for identifying the two files, and to grizzler for suggesting a symlink. See this thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 6&t=164315

Return to “MATE”