[Solved] Dual Monitors with LM 17 Mate

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

[Solved] Dual Monitors with LM 17 Mate

Post by jbh911 »

I´ve installed Linux Mint 17 Mate 32 bit dual booted with Windows 7 which has dual monitors.
What do I need to do to achieve dual monitors operation with Linux Mint 17?
:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mach50

Re: Dual Monitors with LM 17 Mate

Post by mach50 »

jbh911 wrote:I´ve installed Linux Mint 17 Mate 32 bit dual booted with Windows 7 which has dual monitors.
i use mate and cinnamon desktop but only linux and i use dual monitors on cinnamon and triple on mate and its works alot faster on linux and better than on windows i tell you that.
active your monitors in the screen options , but if you install all monitos have the same screen on the install , but after install must you setup your monitors and your drivers , but there is a option that mint know what driver you better use , but i can say it in english i use dutch.

but mint mate and cinnamon works just great with dual or triple monitors for me;;; :D
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Dual Monitors with LM 17 Mate

Post by jbh911 »

Thank you very much mach50, much appreciated. Hey, your English is streets ahead of my Dutch!

Cheers jbh911 from Sunny Gippsland, Victoria, Australia

:P
lewtwo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [Solved] Dual Monitors with LM 17 Mate

Post by lewtwo »

jbh911 wrote:I´ve installed Linux Mint 17 Mate 32 bit dual booted with Windows 7 which has dual monitors.
From the Mate menu: Preferences, Monitors
From the terminal Window: mate-display-properties

This will bring up a GUI application where you can arrange your monitor, set their resolution, etc.
The one thing that seems to be missing is a method to designate the "default" monitor for application to launch in.
In my case the applications seem to have a preference for the monitor off to my left.
Then I have to drag the window to the one in front of me.
A bit of an irritation but I can live with it.
"Engineering is the art of planning and forethought."
http://www.keywild.com

Return to “MATE”