[UNSOLVED] Change "Select item" Color System-Wide Mint17Mate

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
navi1

[UNSOLVED] Change "Select item" Color System-Wide Mint17Mate

Post by navi1 »

How to change "Select item color" System Wide in Mint-17 Mate?

Hi All,

Linux noob here. Just trying to change the "select" color in Linux Mint 17 Mate desktop. Please see the attached picture. I have change the "select item" in Control Center > Appearance Preferances > Theme (tab) > Customize Theme (dialog) > Color (tab) > Select item color. That have change the selecting color for many places, namely desktop icon, transulatent rectangle, mate menu etc. However caja and all other programs that have selectable item in a list box or other control wigets still using the Mate default olive color. How can I change this olive color to the blue color to match my theme?

Thanks & Regards,
navi.
Screenshot-1.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Changing "Select item color" System Wide in Mint-17 Mate

Post by all41 »

have a look at gnome-color-chooser in Synaptic.
I use that to set the colors of my transparent panel fonts to show up on a dark desktop background.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
navi1

Re: Changing "Select item color" System Wide in Mint-17 Mate

Post by navi1 »

all41 wrote:have a look at gnome-color-chooser in Synaptic.
I use that to set the colors of my transparent panel fonts to show up on a dark desktop background.
Thank you very much for you reply. Very good tool. I have played with all the options, Global Default, Entry Fields, Panels, etc. unfortunately non of the options apply for caja select item or other list box, combo-box, etc select item color.

Regards,
navi.
Tigereye

Re: [UNSOLVED] Change "Select item" Color System-Wide Mint17

Post by Tigereye »

Thank you all41 that was exactly what I also was looking for! So it saved me posting a similar question.

Return to “MATE”